"When I write stories I am like someone who is in her own country, walking along streets that she has known since she was a child, between walls and trees that are hers." --Natalia Ginsburg

Thursday 1 March 2012

The letter Zzzzz.....


Tonight's blog is brought to you by the letter Z...which is what I need to do, so I am sharing something I wrote eighteen years ago.This is from a writing assignment where I had to emulate someone else's style...Mom felt it was quite different from what I usually wrote--from her reaction I assumed she liked my own style better, but appreciated the sentiment with which this was written.

MOTHER

God gave so much

When He blessed me with a Mother

Whose ever open arms welcome...release

Warm soft cheek, salt and pepper hair

Gentle smile...loving heart

Breath and breast

Rising, rhythmic, reassuring

Ever maternal

Weary with satisfaction, her household clothed

She is contentment, ever changing

Her heart to mine

Sharing and caring

Our relationship bearing

Dreams and disappointments

I write this with much love

And eternal thanks

For my Mother, My friend

---With Love, Always-- Dianne (1994)

Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment