"When I write stories I am like someone who is in her own country, walking along streets that she has known since she was a child, between walls and trees that are hers." --Natalia Ginsburg

Wednesday 29 February 2012

The letter A





Today’s Blog is brought to you by the letter A……

awk·ward
A: Lacking dexterity or skill. B: Showing the result of a lack of expertness.

Well….reading last night’s blog was painful this morning, and one word came to mind. Awkward.

Reading it was awkward. I love to play with words…..and punctuation. It is a balancing act between playing with it enough and knowing when it is too much. I am clearly not there yet. So to combat my insecurities and “lack of expertness” with words, I have decided on a mentor. He is a new friend and gave me some helpful advice on blogging. He has also written some books on academic writing. He is a very clever man…and a good choice. I hope he feels the same way when I break the news to him..... (Hallo Bill!).

I think it is also awkward because my decision to be courageous in all things is not resting well on me. I am still a little shaky underneath. I will persevere.

"Courage is the mastery of fear-not absence of fear"-Mark Twain

So today, to exercise my courage, I finally got around to throwing out that thing in the fridge as it ran desperately behind every bottle of condiments to dodge capture. When I cornered it, I shouldn't have been surprised to find out it was half a round of old Brie, because where you find olives, you often find cheese. Unfortunately the bottle of olives this quivering mass of misery chose to hide behind was almost empty and provided no protection whatsoever. I am proud of myself that I persevered in the face of this smelly, moldy adversary…even if some of you might think the whole thing is, well…..cheesy.


No comments:

Post a Comment