"When I write stories I am like someone who is in her own country, walking along streets that she has known since she was a child, between walls and trees that are hers." --Natalia Ginsburg

Sunday 26 February 2012

Writing......

"When I write stories I am like someone who is in her own country, walking along streets that she has known since she was a child, between walls and trees that are hers."--Natalia Ginsburg

The above quote never fails to move me. It is used to head a chapter in Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul. A friend gave me a copy years ago and it is dog eared now and has certainly been food for this soul.I have yearned to share stories of my own walls and trees--both in reality and fiction.
A new friend and fellow writer asked me the other day what kind of writing will be in my blog. I told him it will be a mixture. I have written poems, children's stories and memoirs. I have ideas of things I would like to write about on countless scraps of paper. I don't know what my path will look like but I am anxious to start. My middle name is Annie and I have chosen to go by Annie on this blog to represent my desire to be all that God created me to be--to be an open and transparent woman learning to write well and share my heart and whimsy with anyone open to sharing the journey with me.
Thanks for dropping in--Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment